December 27, 2010

Gifts that keep on giving the whole year thru

J-Mo's Mom, MR, was hands down the most eccentric person I've ever known.  She passed away eight years ago and she has a special place in our hearts, especially Christmas Eve.  Months before Christmas she would always ask us what we wanted for Christmas.  She would say in her screechy old lady voice, "Now, give me a category!"  Let's just say she usually stuck to with the category but didn't always hit the nail on the head.  Most memorable are my dad and brother-in-law getting robes from Lane Bryant and my niece getting a "refurbished" life-size doll that looked like Chucky.  Eeek!

Needlesstosay, I (or rather J-Mo) could start a blog entirely dedicated to stories about MR.  What has remained the same year after year is my goto category.  Cooking!  Memorable gifts... cookbook holder, Kitchenaid Mixer, Japanese santoku knife to name a few.  This year did not disappoint!  I got a scale to weigh spices and flour etc. Nice!  My sis and bro-in-law got me a waffle iron!  Woo Hoo!  Thank you thank you!
Day after Christmas we made waffles.  YUM.  No, I didn't weigh out the flour but that would've been a good idea.  As evident in both pictures it was/is total chaos in the house.  

1 comment:

  1. I think M.R. gave you something panda-related, no matter what your category was.

    ReplyDelete