May 23, 2011

Walla Walla!


Did I mention we went to Walla Walla with an expert?  Our good friend, Peter, grew up and went to college in Walla2.  Nothing better than saying "where to?" and knowing it was going to be great wine!


His friend works for the winery Cadaretta.  They cooked up a tour and tasting at the custom crush site.  That's fancy talk for warehouse where they crush the grapes then store and bottle the wine.



It had already been such an amazing weekend that I wondered if this would be too much for the kids or us or something.  Look at me Ms. Optimist.  Mom, I am your daughter.


Turns out it was perfect.  Just the right end to an awesome weekend.  Allison opened five bottles (one white and four reds).  We started in this huge room full of wine kegs.


Are you a red or white wine drinker?  I'm a red wine drinker.  Gotta say, whites today are MUCH better than they used to be.  They aren't as oaky anymore and instead more crisp and refreshing.  I had two whites this weekend that I would have bought if they were like five bucks cheaper.  Swear!  Ok, it didn't help that there were too many yummy reds.  This summer I will definitely try whites with bbq.  


As soon as we got inside the kids ran around chasing each other and laughing the entire time!  Classic!  You have no idea how well they napped!  We went into room after room filled with barrels of wine.  Pretty impressive.


After the tour, C took Z out to run around outside.  He found a puddle.  Need I say more.

1 comment:

  1. That Zeke sure loves his puddles--but this is quite a deep one!

    ReplyDelete