January 22, 2011

Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie


Did you ever see Seinfeld do standup?  He always talked about Cookie Crisp cereal. "What is the deal with Cookie Crisp? I mean, really, it's cookies for breakfast!"  The SNL spoof would say, "Who are the ad geniuses that came up with this one?"

In our continued quest to eat better C and I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast more and more.  Let's just say, no matter what we add neither one of us is a fan of the gloppiness of oatmeal.  It is hard to eat regularly.

One morning C said to me, "I wish we could just have oatmeal like in a cookie or something."  Bingo!  I looked up a couple recipes and made a batch that very day!  It was an awesome idea and they came out fabulous.  To be on the safe side I made another batch with success.  Make them Sunday night and they last the week.

I'm betting these are dynamite (and even easier) made as breakfast bars.  If you try it lemme know what you think.  How about that Seinfeld?  You can have cookies for breakfast!


Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
based on WiseBread Recipe

2 mashed ripe bananas (as evident in picture of ingredients)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp honey
2 globs of peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups uncooked oatmeal
1/2 cup raisins

handful of chocolate chips (I happen to have dark choc chunks - YUMMY)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In large bowl mash bananas then add applesauce through cinnamon and stir well.  Add oatmeal and combine.  Once fully mixed add raisins and choc chips. Let sit 5 minutes.


I gotta say the chocolate is BOSS in this recipe.  You only get a little choc here and there but it'll make your morning, I promise!

Ok plop cookie dough onto pammed cookie sheet.  I used the back of a spoon dipped in water to flatten the cookies.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.  Yowser they are tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment